You can use a SIP trunk to connect an external PBX to the outside world through the In2Cloud platform.
- Ask the person who manages your router/firewall to allow outgoing traffic to the IP range. You’ll find the list of IPs in your admin portal, in “Config” > “Advanced” > “Account details” > “Infrastructure” tab.
- If the router/firewall supports QoS (Quality of Service), assign a higher priority to the trafic exchanged with our IP range
- Some routers also include a feature called SIP ALG (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application-level_gateway). Our experience shows that SIP ALG is often poorly implemented on low-cost routers and that it is better to disable SIP ALG
- Make sure that the default NAT session timeout is > 30 seconds
The number format for DID and CallerID must be in E164 (+32…)
How to Create a SIP Trunk
- Go to the Trunk tab in the menu
2. Clik on Add Trunk
3. Select the type ‘PBX Connector’
4. Fill in a name for the SIP Trunk and save (in the example here Other_PBX)
5. Copy the credentials in the PBX (hostname, port, transport, username, password)
6. For incoming calls, create a callflow with the DID and a “trunk” bloc that points the right trunk
In the end your callflow should look like this :