In this example we will show you how to configure a Grandstream GXV3370 in order to work together with a GDS3710. GXV3XXX series support audio and video when integrated with GDS3710.
Note that in order to work with video preview and to configure the open door option on the phone you need to work with FIXED IP addresses on the GDS3710 and on the Phone. The fixed IP can be configured through the In2Cloud portal if you don’t have a DHCP server. Please make a reservation for these devices if you have a DHCP server.
1. Provision the phone via the In2Cloud portal.
Choose a device nickname, assign the phone to a user and enter the MAC address of the phone in the portal. Select the appropriate Model of phone and push on the save button.
2. Configure the open door button via the device GUI.
Enter the local IP address of the phone in your browser in order to access the GUI of the phone. Login with the admin credentials of your device.
First enable the video preview on the phone.
Go to Account –> Account 1 –> Call Settings and change the Auto Preview value to Yes.
Now configure the ‘Open door’ button on the phone in order to open the door with a single click.
- Go to Value-added Service and click on Add (The GXV3370 supports up to 10 GDS3710 devices).
- Set Service Type to “Door System”.
- Set “Door System Type” to “GDS”.
- Enter the “Display Name”, it can be any name to identify the GDS3710, in our case it’s “Open”.
- Enter the “System Number”, it can be the IP address or the Extension of the remote GDS3710. In our case we use the IP address.
- Enter the “Access Password” which is the password set on “Remote PIN to Open the Door” on the GDS3710.
Now got to Account –> Account 1 –> Advanced Settings
Make sure that the parameter ‘Only Accept SIP Requests from Know Servers’ in NOT enabled.